Monday, February 15, 2010

Reflection on My Writing Process

I'm almost at a loss for what to blog on seeing as I don't have a field day, peer editing group, or class time to talk about. But, seeing as this is a composition class, I shall reflect on my writing process. It's probably too early to draw conclusions, but I always over analyze, especially when something isn't working. It helps me cope.

I thought I had a pretty good system. It always gets the job done without too many tears. This new way of pre-writing really bugs me. Why should I write ten pages of "crap" to get four good pages of the "real story"? This seems very inefficient. (By the way, inefficiency is a big pet peeve of mine). I tried something new. I don't think it worked. I have very little motivation to write without a concrete purpose. I reverted back to my post-it notes, created a solid outline (in this case, time line), and found the flow to my story. All this, in much fewer words and time. Well, I guess I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers