Sunday, February 14, 2010

WARNING: Road Block!

If you have been reading my blog, or been in class everyday last week, you may have noticed that I am a little behind. I have hit a road block in my personal narrative. I'm just not used to writing about myself. Give me a book to analyze or a topic to research and I can deliver you an A paper. This whole personal thing is a bit more difficult for me. This is puzzling because I love to talk about myself. I over analyze everything in my life, my conversations, my relationships, you name it. It is so easy for me to use words to explain how I feel. Talking or writing a situation through is usually how I get to the bottom of it. I could easily spew out a 4 page analysis on my thought process and the college decision process. When it comes to actually telling a story, I freeze up. I have never been a good oral story teller, it's not something that comes naturally to me. I guess this translates into telling a story in a "nice little package" for an audience. I understand why we start with this particular assignment. We practice our writing with a subject we are familiar with. I am quite unfamiliar with this. When was the last time I had to write one of these? To me, a ten page research paper is much simpler. But a personal narrative is the assignment. I just need to figure out how to use my current skills in a new way. I can do this! I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers