Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spacial Organization

I greatly enjoyed today's exercise. Like Mrs. Mork, I am also a very spacial person. I do prefer post-it notes, though, they don't move when you don't want them to. Being able to move small sections around made it easier to organize the information without having to get into the details. Seeing the form of -- (how the note cards look) helps make sure you have enough of the right information in the right spot. Tonight when I take notes, I am going to put each idea/note (plus source!) on a mini post-it note, then put it by the big, colorful post-it note. Maybe I'll throw some color coding in too. I'm pretty sure I will use this method in all the rest of my research papers, it works so well!

Side Note: I am kind of nervous about the history/background section of our paper. There is a ton of information out there, and we have to condense it down into 3-4 paragraphs, yikes!

Another Side Note: I loved hearing about my writing group's papers. The topics are super interesting and I am excited to read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers