Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Contact Story

So I actually kind of did this already, but in notes/observation form. It helps me organize my thoughts better than narrative style. I hope you can follow!

Sent mass email to all sororities' presidents at the U
Received a reply from Brette, President of Alpha Chi Omega
Worked out details, got address, drove down to the U
Found the AXO house on the corner of University and 4th St SE
Walked up, rang the doorbell
Answered, explained who I was
Greeted in living room, chatted a bit, started taking notes
Brette, my cultural broker, came down, gave me a quick tour
Went back down to chill before dinner
Ate dinner, was nervous about proper etiquette
Everyone was welcoming and nice, answered questions if asked
Mostly kept distance, didn't ask me questions
Did ask about what I'm doing, my high school, and college plans
Talked for awhile after dinner while Brette was out
First impression was, "wow, what a normal group"
Had some questions about certain Greek things
Was excited to get to know them more
Knew there was more to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers