Sunday, March 21, 2010

Gross

I just sat through a two hour movie, and now I have to write a three page paper about it, joy. Maybe I should have just done something where I already knew the ending. I can't say I really enjoyed "Revolutionary Road." It was barely entertaining. It was dark, depressing, and overall just kind of sick. It grossed me out, and not just the twisted ending. Why would someone want to make a movie about this? And why would an actor/actress want to play one of these characters? And why would an 18 year old living in the 21 century find this movie appealing at all? Could someone please answer these questions for me?

Unfortunately, the world, aka Hollywood (which basically runs the world), has already informed me that this movie is amazing and so is the acting. Now, I have the job of figuring out exactly why they would think such a thing. Do you have to play a crazy person to be good at acting? Apparently. Ugh. I'm still grossed out.

Somehow, I will have to find a way to put away my biases and focus on the pure literary, dramatic, and cinematic elements of this movie. Sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Well, like Ms. Mork said, maybe it will be more fun to critique a movie that you really didn't like...

    ReplyDelete

Followers