Monday, March 8, 2010

Young at Heart

This video was exactly the mid-morning pick-me-up I needed (Needless to say, I would take a caramel latte if available). My day would have seriously sucked without the hilarious movie/ethnography we watched today. I could not help but laugh at the things the "grandparents" said. Eileen was my favorite. I cannot believe a 92 year old would talk like that! I guess I'm just used to the old church ladies. It was amazing to see how much the choir meant to the grandparents. It helped their social, emotional, spiritual, and physical health. This is like their family. It's kind of like high school. There are different types of people, but really, everyone is in the same boat. They can talk about their journey, even if they led a completely different life from the others. They can relate to stiff joints, nonworking body parts, and general grandparent stuff. This video reassured me of the value in every single individual at every single point in their life. When people come together, they can do amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers