Thursday, March 4, 2010

Personal Narrative #2

So basically, I messed up my personal narrative. Instead of writing about a singular event with a very definite climax, I told a story over a long period of time. This involved mostly internal thoughts and very little dialogue. (By the way, I just corrected a misuse of a comma in my last sentence. I think I'm starting to get this editing thing). While my paper was "very clean" in terms of criteria #4, editing and such, my paper lacked development of the story. This is probably the worst I have ever done on a writing assignment, but that doesn't mean I am going to go cry about it. I am determined to learn from my mistakes. Now that I know how a personal narrative should be written, I can do this right. I kind of need a whole new story, though. I tried unsuccessfully to narrow my current story down. This seems like a lot of work, but I think it will be much easier now that I am familiar with the process. I sure hope our research paper goes better! (It will).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers