Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Follow the Leader, the Leader, the Leader..."

CELEBRATE! I have a lead and intro. Yes, I am devoting a whole blog to my blissful feeling of accomplishing the fist part of my film critique. Perhaps this because I am procrastinating the rest of it (at least it's not facebook...right?). But really, these are the first sentences of non-crap I have written in all my attempts to write about this awful movie.

Along those lines, this movie isn't actually as bad as I originally thought. The thing is, it is not entertaining, it is not fun to watch, and it is certainly not fun to think about. But those things aren't what make a film great, or even good. Those things make money. Revolutionary Road is more art than a story. If you can get past all the disturbing-ness (good luck with that...), this movie does have some redeemable qualities. They just don't involve special effects or a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers