Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Fountainhead

Today, I was surprised. Indeed, I was amazed. I came upon a status that quoted a book I recently read, The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand. I was astonished at who quoted one of my recently favorite books. It was not one of my fellow geek/nerds who I can talk to about literature all day. It was not a teacher, parent, or professor. It was one of those girls that you would never even expect to pick up a book, much less a 900 page, tiny print book with challenging vocabulary, sentences, and themes. You know, the party hard, school-doesn't-matter type? I am sad to say that I judged this young woman in the worst possible way. I could not help but comment, and we proceeded to have a quite in depth conversation about the book. I have learned to not judge people based on the appearance of who they might be. I have a complete newfound respect for my classmate.

p.s. Go read The Fountainhead. It is worth the time. It will blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers